The name Orana originates from a combination of letters from our three children’s names – Layton, Ngaire and Jordan and coincidently means ‘welcome’ in the Wiradjuri language. It is also the chorus for a beautiful Australian Christmas Carol called, ‘Carol of the Birds’. Its words give us an uplifting connection to our unique Australian environment.
The yoga lineage at Orana is mainly Dru and so the centre promotes and provides a ‘Home’ for Dru Yoga and Meditation. Dru Yoga is a graceful and potent form of yoga with its soft-flowing movements, directed breathing and visualization. Founding from ancient yogic tradition, Dru works on the body, mind and spirit to rejuvenate your whole being.
At Orana we are fortunate to have various consultants that assist with all kinds of health and wellbeing. Counselling, massage, reiki, kinesiology, tai chi and general health. Please click on our services to see more details.
- Welcoming reception
- Large Yoga Studio
- Meditation room
- Consulting and Treatment rooms
- Large kitchen suitable for cooking classes
- Relaxation area
- Beautiful change rooms
All our spaces are large enough for individuals who would like to hold their own workshop and conference. All inquiries welcome.
New to Orana Yoga & Meditation
- Its helps us immensely with planning specifically if you book into classes and pay in advance
- Please let us know if you can’t make a class. That way we can keep accurate records.
- When arriving for class mark your name off the role, pay and then tick the appropriately dated box. If you have paid in advance this will be indicated beside your name.
- Eat 1 -2 hours prior to attending class
- Wear comfortable lose fitting clothes
- Bring a water bottle
- You’re welcome to bring your own mat and/or towel to cover an Orana mat.
- If circumstances have changed for you, e.g. health concerns, please let your teacher know
- Facilities available to relax and socialise both prior to and after sessions.
- You are most welcome to arrive early and make yourself comfortable in the centre either in the waiting area, kitchen or the Yoga/Meditation spaces.
- We have books and magazines available to borrow.
- The kitchen has a variety of beverages and snacks available, just pop a donation into the box provided.
- All monies raised are for not for profit organisations; ‘The World Peace Flame’ and ‘Feed the People’
- All staff at Orana are able to assist you with any queries about the centre, including counselling and massage therapies that are also available